The Winelands Chocolate Festival at Blaauwklippen Wine Estate
Stellenbosch on 20th and 21st of August 2016.
This year’s festival is beautifully laid out on the expansive Blaauwklippen grounds, the seven inter-
leading rooms of the main house, the pretty courtyard leading off the tasting room, the restaurant
and the stately Manor House.
Focusing entirely on giving the visitors a superb and wholly indulgent experience, the Winelands
Chocolate Festival is designed to appeal to all ages. There is a bigger and better line-up with more
features, more chocolate and more wine.
The Winelands Chocolate Festival will delight its visitors with:
- Chocolate – Taste and purchase chocolates and confectionery from over 40 leading artisanal chocolatiers,
patisseries and confectioners.
- Chocolate Demos and Tutored Tastings in the Manor House – Demos by South Africa’s top chocolate professionals, including Abigail Donnelly,
food editor of Taste magazine; Dimo Simatos, Lindt Chef and Alice Toich, the Playful Baker.. Tutored tastings of
Tea (and chocolate) Mingwei Tsai,an MCC Master Class (Nikki Friedman, MD of Môreson, and brandy (SA Brandy Foundation)Winnie Bowman and MD Danie Pretorius, award-winning brandies paired with premier chocolates – in the Manor House.
- Morning/ Afternoon ChocolateTea with Lindt – Experience extraordinary chocolate creations made by the
amazing Lindt chef, Dimo Simatos and his team.
- Children’s Play Area – There will be 3 jumping castles (for different ages), an obstacle course and more – including a seating area for mums and dads nearby.
- Sugar Craft Creativity – Stylish competition cakes from South Africa’s chocolate/ sugar craft industry. Judging is scheduled for 11am Saturday
- Fashion Show – Two shows daily showing the unique-occasion and evening wear, from Stephan Olivier’s Stephano Collection accessorised with jewellery (and chocolate) by local designers Zuyda van Dyk and Jacomien Labuscgane.
- Local wines, MCC and spirits – Celebrate Winter with a glass of bubbles or fine local wine.
- Food Stands – Fill those hungry tummies with an impressive variety of delicious gourmet foods..
- Victorian Kitchen Step back in time and see how the Victorians prepared their chocolate many years ago
with the secret recipe from Dr Hans Sloane who later sold his special recipe to the Cadbury brothers
- See a life-like Cacao plantation and bean-sorting shack
- Live music from 1 – 5pm on Saturday (Mischa) and 1 – 4pm on Sunday (Newton and Maria)
An array of gourmet food will be on sale at the various stands, as well as a wide selection of premium wines,
freshly-brewed coffees, hot chocolate, beer and quality MCCs and the very best chocolate that this country
has to offer. There will also be ample seating and live music, a photo exhibition, movies throughout the day.
Visitors can also learn more about Chocolate’s history and production and, with the many new chocolatiers on board
this year, the festival promises a complete chocolate experience.
Don’t miss it!
Keep an eye out for updates on more features, special guests and activities.